Facility and boarding
Falling Star Ranch Academy of Foundational Horsemanship’s facilities include:
- Indoor riding arena
- Outdoor riding arena
- Outdoor round pen
- Tack room
- Several corrals and pastures
Indoor riding arena
Falling Star Ranch Academy of Foundational Horsemanship offers a beautiful indoor riding arena (built in 2013). The size is 60′ x 120′ and the footage is sand on a hard-packed clay base.
Haul-ins welcome. Arena rentals available. Please inquire for fees.
Please contact us for more information by calling 1-250-968-6801 or by email.
Outdoor riding arena
Falling Star Ranch Academy of Foundational Horsemanship offers an outdoor riding arena (65′ x 140′) with a breathtaking view of the Rockies and Cariboo Mountains. The footage is sand on a hard-packed clay base.
Outdoor round pen
We also have a 50′ diameter outdoor round pen. The footage is sand on a hard-packed clay base.
Barn 1 with feed area, hay loft, one regular box stall and one large/foaling stall. Box stall can be used for grooming and tacking up.
Barn 2 with tack room, 3 stalls, farrier/vet area. Box stalls can be used for grooming and tacking up.
Our small, but well-organized tack room is available to our boarders as well.
Corrals and paddocks
Falling Star Ranch Academy of Foundational Horsemanship has several corrals and paddocks to board horses in training, boarders, as well as Falling Star Ranch Academy of Foundational Horsemanship’s own horses. All corrals and paddocks offer shelters and have safe fencing (wood and electric fence).
Falling Star Ranch Academy of Foundational Horsemanship has several large pastures for the ranch-owned herd to enjoy their freedom and for youngsters to grow strong on mountain pasture grass. There are also a few smaller pastures for outside training horses and boarders.
Feed and care
At Falling Star Ranch Academy of Foundational Horsemanship we feed excellent quality hay produced on the farm or on a neighbouring farm, supplemented by free-choice salt and minerals.
Horses in training live outdoors in paddocks, either individually or in groups of two to four horses, with individualized feeding programs and blanketing according to weather conditions. In the summer time, putting on fly masks and applying fly spray are part of the daily routine. Blankets, fly masks and fly sprays to be provided by the horses’ owners.
Falling Star Ranch Academy of Foundational Horsemanship offers a limited number of boarding spots. Please inquire to see if we have any openings.
- Boarding fees are $400 per month and include pasture/grass hay, free-choice salt and minerals, and access to clean water (heated in the winter time). We will feed grain/supplements if supplied by owner.
- Horses are kept in small groups in paddocks with seasonal pasture turnout.
- If horse needs to be boarded in an individual pen, there is an additional fee of $100 per month for a total of $500/month.
- Indoor board (box stall in a shedrow barn) is $600/month.
- Paddocks and stalls are cleaned at least once per day.
- Horses are checked at least three times a day (including night check).
- Board includes unlimited use of round pen, outdoor riding arena and indoor riding arena, blanketing if needed, putting on/taking off fly masks, and fly spraying (owner to provide blanket(s), fly mask and fly spray).
- Owner Birgit Stutz lives on site and is a certified and fully insured trainer/riding instructor.
- Lessons and training are available on site by Birgit Stutz, a certified and fully insured coach and trainer (Irwin Insights Level 6 Master Certified Trainer ).
- Vet and farrier are close-by. Farrier and vet call/handling are available at $15/half hour or $30/hour. Medical supplies are extra.
- Relaxed, non-competitive, supportive environment.
- Full care, excellent feed, and attention.
- Horses need to have a current negative Coggins-test, be up-to-date on vaccinations (5-way), and be on a regular deworming program.
We care for your horse as if it was one of ours.
“I have found the level of care my horses receive at Falling Star Ranch to be exceptional. Any concerns are communicated quickly and dealt with efficiently. Birgit has a high standard and treats my horses like her own! Falling Star Ranch has a beautiful indoor riding ring which is maintained with the highest of skill. I am very happy with my choice to board my horses with Birgit at Falling Star Ranch.” – Lara Kalnin, McBride (owner of a TB/Paint mare and pony gelding)
“Are you looking for a great place to board your horse? You won’t find a more amazing place than Falling Star Ranch. I have boarded several of my horses at Falling Star Ranch multiple times, having boarded at other locations as well, I would never board anywhere else beside Falling Star Ranch again. At Falling Star Ranch your horses are cared for like family. They are well fed, pens are kept clean and the owner Birgit Stutz is always keeping a close eye on your babies. Along with the unsurpassed care are the beautiful facilities. Falling Star Ranch is beautifully set in the Rocky Mountains. There is a wonderful round pen, a lovely outdoor arena and a spectacular indoor arena. You won’t find a more beautiful place to work with and ride your horses.“ – Mellany Ford, Dunster